Home | About | Donate

'World Leaders Seem in Denial': Demands for Radical Global Action on Coronavirus as Virtual G20 Summit Ends With Vague Promises

Better than clap…

the header is unfortunate because Escobar himself says that there isn’t a smoking gun yet, so this is still speculation but it’s super suspicious.

nevertheless, it’s worth reading if only to reveal the twisted priorities of elites in an emergency.

if it winds up being confirmed, however, france will explode.

1 Like

I’ve noticed an interesting dichotomy in how Asian countries have approached this
epidemic, and how “Western, Neo-Liberal” countries have.

The Asian countries seem to have put the health of the people 1st, and that of the economy 2nd.
Understanding that if the people are dead, so is the economy.

In the West the 1st concern is propping up the economy, and not so much the people, therefore
the people are dying, and so will the economy. Without consumers, and workers… What’s the point?

The 40 year old neo-liberal mindset of markets & corps 1st, and the 99% are fungible, has led
the West to this reluctance to grasp the need for a true response, and “pause”.

The only solace I take from this, is it will be their undoing. It’s unfortunate that they are sacrificing so
many to the “Golden Calf of Mammon” in the process.

2 Likes

About 9:30 PM eastern
Bloomberg cable business TV
The EU spent today arguing about ‘words’ to use in a press release about the economies.
Also allocated money to use against C-19.

Their yo-yo’s match up to our DC yo-yo’s.
Perhaps our yo-yo’s have the nod approval for the individuals that gain power in EU member countries.
The EU idea was to have a USA in europe and the various cultures, heritages, countries would blend into boring.

Too bad they do not follow Lao Tzu:
“If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”

We the people are truly on our own. Our leaders the world over are either not taking this virus as seriously as they can or are completely corrupt. The question is: Will we rise up before they clamp down with complete fascist control over us? If we can’t do this then we deserve to be destroyed once climate chaos comes.

1 Like

I believe the West views worker bees as just that…readily available, whenever they need them. Low level workers can be brought in, at low cost, over the border from Mexico. All one needs is a foreperson who speaks the necessary languages for supervision. Higher level workers and engineers can be brought in from India, Asia, and other countries via appropriate visas. American workers are expendable and, since they are often somewhat nationalistic, why not cull them a bit, especially when foreign workers will often work for less wages and demand less benefits.

4 Likes

Agreed, and an astute analysis!

1 Like

Major denier Boris just announced he tested positive for the virus.

I’m of the opinion that as the world economy appeared to be in dire straits prior to this pandemic, that the worlds leaders and industrialists have played up this virus so that they could justify the trillions they are going to give themselves?
Think about this, while yes, this virus is terrible, with over 1/2 million people on a planet of 7 billion people that have it, of whom around 20,000 have so far died from it, does that warrant the massive bailout of corporations worldwide?

4 Likes

I’m not seeing healthcare, safe shelter and food as the obvious priorities.

4 Likes

Exactly right. Universal healthcare should be a top priority, but isn’t, while instead corporations well being is the top priority. This kind of ideology with corporations well being as a top priority, pretty much indicates to me that there will never be any meaningful action taken on the climate crisis, as it would hurt most corporations bottom line.

2 Likes

But let’s see how the climate fairs with worldwide transportation decimated. People have reduced travel beyond Greta’s fondest dreams.
Production of plastics is down because consumption is down, factories are hugely underproducing except for a few health supplies.
Countries which try to prop up only companies this go round may collapse with disease until they get it right.

1 Like

Covid-19 does seem to have a silver lining, in that nations worldwide are burning a lot less fossil fuels while it ensues.

1 Like

Convenient, huh?

1 Like

Convenient, at least temporarily, while the virus keeps the factories closed.

this wasn’t about the success of the drug itself. it was about the scandal of trying to withhold it from the general population in the first place.

1 Like

I’m sure Boris will get the best of care, probably at the expense of several other people’s care.

1 Like

Here’s another view of this pandemic from a guy in China who appears to be spending his every waking moment following events associated around the world with this virus. He’s evidently leaning towards a conspiracy theory regarding how the virus could spread so quickly around the globe. I’m hoping there are many researchers, some in the fields of genetics, virology, and epidemiology, who will study the various strains of this virus to try to determine as precisely as possible the various paths of dissemination.

COVID-19: Two Major ‘Waves’ of Global Infection, Towards Global Contamination?
~https://www.globalresearch.ca/covid-19-two-major-waves-of-global-infection-towards-global-contamination/5707588

3 Likes

We in China mostly still have little else to do. I actually don’t think it spread so quickly, since there weren’t tests until this year. A number of people have reported similar illnesses around the world in 2019. I know of a New Mexico contagious pneumonia case leaving lung damage last summer.

1 Like