Home | About | Donate

'Would You Shut Up, Man': Disastrous, Chaotic, Nearly Unwatchable Presidential Debate After First 20 Minutes

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/29/would-you-shut-man-disastrous-chaotic-nearly-unwatchable-presidential-debate-after-0

3 Likes

There is no debate. Biden is giving non-answers and Trump is spending his time mocking Biden. While Biden’s answers are vacuous, to my surprise, he isn’t stumbling. My sense is that Trump is coming off as looking off the wall.

12 Likes

Orange $hit - can’t keep Diarrhea from coming out every time he opens his $hit hole.

What a name calling bully. Unfit to be our president. Just remember that hilter also had loyal followers.

11 Likes

Hey you Whitehouse
Ha ha, charade you are
You house proud town mouse
Ha ha, charade you are
You’re trying to keep our feelings off the street
You’re nearly a real treat
All tight lips and cold feet
And do you feel abused?

You gotta stem the evil tide
And keep it all on the inside
Mary you’re nearly a treat
Mary you’re nearly a treat
But you’re really a cry…

4 Likes

This country is finished and frankly the fact that people, even on this site, are going to vote for either them proves that you all not only deserve, but invite hellish fascism upon yourselves.

26 Likes

Yeah sorry, I am just really angry. I deleted that part of the comment.

4 Likes

I just made this comment in another thread before this came up. Unbearable. Unwatchable. Trump cant keep his mouth shut. Biden meanders just saying words. Biden starts with some sort of idea but can never get it out before Trump starts yapping again.

9 Likes

This should be a cakewalk for Biden. Instead, he just attacks Trumpsky rather than answer the questions about what he would do as president. The DNC must be pretty fucking proud, now. Thanks folks.

12 Likes

Thanks. I’ve been there myself. These days, it’s really hard. I deleted my previous comment (I think).

2 Likes

Thanks. I agree.

2 Likes

Nice job with the Pink Floyd.
Now I’ll have to listen to “Animals” during yoga tomorrow

2 Likes

“Would you shut up, man.” (Biden). So much for "when they go low, we go high."

Joe and Jill Biden made more than $15 million in two years after leaving the White House, tax returns show

One helluva haul for a 78 year old who calls himself “Middle-Class Joe.” It appears speaking engagements and book deals are the ultimate quid pro quo.

15 Likes

He’s a fucked up old hag radiating cold shafts of broken glass

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWwVOJmMNX8

3 Likes

Biden looks frail, like he’ll need a wheelchair and a blanket in a few minutes. I think he had a mini-stroke a few minutes ago. On the other hand, Trump looks healthy and vigorous.

The debate is like a Saturday Night Live sketch. Biden just can’t keep up with Trump’s insults.

Trump killed Biden over Hunter getting kicked out of the military for cocaine use and for making millions in Ukraine and China, and Biden just stands there and mumbles “not true.” This is what the Dems get for nominating a man with a train load of baggage.

Bernie would have done so much better.

23 Likes

I was about to post something I would regret, and not about Curly and Moe. Instead I will just say that this is the reason that to the best of my recollection I have not watched but part of one phony un-presidential debate since Nixon-Kennedy in 1960 (at age 14), that being Quayle-Benson in 1988, because the client for whom I was working had it on. As far as I can recall I have never watched more than a few minutes of any SOTU address, so long ago that I’m not sure if I ever did.

My point: it is unwise to allow something one knows to be pure bullshit, a warped charade, into hizzorher head. It raises one’s blood pressure and may block more sensible thoughts.

10 Likes

What a shitshow!

No more please.

Anybody who doesn’t believe that we need to have millions of people on the street until we bring about revolutionary change to bring about social justice, should be forced to watch this horrendous debacle.

31 Likes

I can’t believe the majority of the American people want either one of these demented sociopaths, but this is the choice the oligarchs want us to have.

16 Likes

I was hoping it would at least be funnier watching these two jacka&&es Depends-wrestle each other.

After about 10 minutes of this orgy of oblivion, I realized I’m still not cynical enough to laugh as Rome burns.

Hope the partisans got their proverbial money’s worth, because the rest of us just got a good look at how intolerably awful our ruling class actually is.

16 Likes

Two kindergartners squabbling in a mud-puddle, but what did we expect with two of the worst candidates for public office since Cruz vs Rubio or Hilliary vs Drümph.

Of course Tweetle-Dumb would never agree, but what they need – in addition to having a real debate, not a junior high elementary school name-calling contest – is timers on the microphones of both “debaters”, with a green light for, say, two minutes; then a yellow light for thirty seconds; and then a red light and the microphone turns off 'til it’s that one’s turn again.

*  I put the “debate” on in the other room, but as soon as it confirmed my expectations I came in here to my 'puter and took refuge making snide comments here on CD and another forum that still puts up with me. The few times I allowed the gibberish to penetrate my consciousness were brief, and only confirmed my original decision.  How could anyone watching this drivel not be utterly dismayed at how far we have sunk and how fast we are sinking??

Compared to these two idiots, Ronnie Rayguns, Slick Willie and the Lying Son-of-a-Bush look like saints & geniuses.

13 Likes

Howie Hawkins wasn’t invited to tonight’s debate, but he was the winner anyway.

19 Likes