Home | About | Donate

'WTF Please Listen to This': Trump Delivers Rambling, Incoherent Rant in Response to Hannity's Softball Question on Second Term Priorities

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/26/wtf-please-listen-trump-delivers-rambling-incoherent-rant-response-hannitys-softball

No surprise there.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, we have an election in which both major party candidates have difficulty with thinking/speaking coherently. And Obama has called this the most important election of our lifetimes.

Every time I think things can’t get more hopelessly absurd or absurdly hopeless, a new day dawns.

12 Likes

politician chooses to answer using knuckleball because the producer has not given him the reality show script yet.

I promise, you ain’t gonna like it.

Hannity, a unflinchingly sycophantic supporter of the president, asked Trump what he planned for his next term

That statement by Fox News and it’s fascist, news anchor sounds to me like an assumption that Hannity knows Trump will get a second term.

I think I got this from a CD comment.
Every president will be the second worst president ever. I am an optimist !!!

The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second and third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken on elections

Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

9 Likes

Regarding his comment on Bolton and bombs, sometimes even a stark-raving lunatic will say something correct…

3 Likes

America has had many corrupt POTUS in the White House, but never a complete insane, moron…until now!

5 Likes

OK Common Dreams. you convinced me, I’ll vote for the Zucchini.

Peace
Po

3 Likes

I would argue George W. Bush fit that description, but Trump has raised the ante by a good amount.

6 Likes

Wait till November.

Trump supporters would argue that his incoherent ramblings are the greatest words ever uttered by a president.

3 Likes

A bit like this:

~https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqaQ_Bhgmrc

You make a good argument because in my view, DIM SON was a close second!

3 Likes

It’s not just Donald Trump. There are millions of people out there currently rejecting family members who may simply not like Donald Trump. As a lifelong FDR Democrat, I am an anomaly in my largely Republican family. The fist time I was able to vote, it was against Nixon in 1972(“Don’t change Dicks in the middle of a screw, vote for Nixon in 72”). The “older” members of my family likely started out as Eisenhower Republicans - then moved right to Goldwater, then Nixon and Reagan. I had a cousin who jumped on D-Day, but referred to FDR as “Rosenfeld”. That’s what I, and millions like me, are up against. Not just Trump, but all of the fake Vuitton baggage he brings.

2 Likes

Sarah Palin made that brand of shallow-minded idiocy normal.

2 Likes

You mean we will have the choice in November between voting for a mentally dysfunctional, candidate and mentally insane candidate?

4 Likes

True. Sarah use to be my States Governor and most people in Alaska still love her!

1 Like

Haven’t voted R ever or D since 2008.

And I live in a city so blue that a Repub hasn’t run in a local election since 2006.

2 Likes

Mencken was a class A racist sexist jerk but he clearly hit it out of the park on this prediction didn’t he…

1 Like