Home | About | Donate

Yanis Varoufakis on Global Capitalism & How Trump’s Tax Plan is Class War Against the Poor

Yanis Varoufakis on Global Capitalism & How Trump’s Tax Plan is Class War Against the Poor

Democracy Now!

Critics say the gift is a tax cut for the richest Americans.

"Class war. It’s an out-and-out class war waged against the poorest, the weakest, the disenfranchised—the very same people that Donald Trump appealed to in order to get elected."

Yanis Varoufakis, Michael Hudson, Cameron Murray and Paul Frijters should be required reading/listening/watching for anyone who wishes to express an opinion on how the world works.

If necessary, use the eyelid props like those used on A Clockwork Orange’s Alex. If you disagree with any of them, you need to show your work - like these guys have all done.

Don’t forget Thomas Piketty.

Heh, just this morning, I realized I should have added Pikkety to the list. Thanks.

YANIS VAROUFAKIS: Class war. It’s an out-and-out class war waged against the poorest, the weakest, the disenfranchised—the very same people that Donald Trump appealed to in order to get elected.

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” ― Warren Buffett

And we are stupid enough and happy enough with the human grinder called the American economy that we will vote for the cretins again. How many times do we have to go through trickle down, voodoo, economy to learn. Corporations are not coming back when they can get 357.00 a month labor for twelve hour days six day weeks. It is a Reagan Clinton myth. The blood sweat tears of our fathers and grandfathers gone. Instead, we are left with the promise of more black lung disease. Why did VW and Nissan labor vote against the UAW? Because they knew damned well that the plant would simply pack up and move. Why is Wisconsin giving Foxconn 3 billion dollars to come there and when that money runs out Foxconn is gone. They make all the Apple stuff in China for twelve hour days six-day weeks for 357.00 a month, no not a week a month. simple logic tells us that trickle has not and will not work. Ayn Rand and Paul Ryan and Arthur Laffer are cuckoos. We drop corporate taxes to zero and foreign countries will offer incentive taxes and the rest of us will have to pay more taxes to support the military and buy war equipment, like Reagan did. More sales tax more fuel tax, less health care and social support. Clinton deregulated banks rremember. My 401 went from 94,000.00 to 26,000.00. Some people lost the whole thing.