Home | About | Donate

'You Alone Can Save His Life': Edward Snowden Urges Trump to Pardon Julian Assange

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/03/you-alone-can-save-his-life-edward-snowden-urges-trump-pardon-julian-assange

1 Like

Hooray for Snowden’s bravery in the face of the lies ,first promulgated by the Clinton crime family, that Julian was a traitor. Since when is revealing the crimes of the uniformed terrorists a traitorous act . The Pentagram budget is unlimited and this is what we get for the plundering of the treasury. But there is no money for healthcare or education, right !

7 Likes

Hi William_Lawlor1:
I think the all truth tellers showed be celebrated, but especially both Julian Assange and Mr. Snowden.
However.I would like that UK judge to be run over by a horse and dragged away never to be found . I cannot believe that that awful woman is an actual judge.
Thanks to Mr. Snowden, we can look into parts of the deep state and say, “Where is their humanity?”
These true heroes coming forward makes so many of us realize that America loses more and more of its humanity daily.How sadly America has changed since the Pentagon papers. WHY?

2 Likes

Trump - “I love Wikileaks”

Me - Now’s the time to show it (actually it’s way past time, but I’ll take it anyway).

4 Likes

Does Trump really not like the “deep state”, I doubt it because he is part of it.

2 Likes

It would seem incomprehensible to think that Trump, who had pardoned a perjurer like Flynn, would then pardon someone like Assange who exposed the inner mechanisms of the Deep State and how they spied on the American people.

3 Likes

Trump only pardons criminals. No family has benefited more from the “deep state” and “swamp” culture than the Trump family, so don’t expect Trump to respond to appeals based on them.

2 Likes

Since Amerika became a fascist, military dictatorship with no accountability for it’s plethora of war crimes.

3 Likes

“I beg you, please bring him home for Christmas @realDonaldTrump,” Moris tweeted.

I sincerely hope Trump would do it, but unfortunately, the chances of that happening…are between slim and none AND SLIM JUST LEFT TOWN!

2 Likes

How about pardon Ed Snowden, although he probably would not accept it because he seems like an honorable guy and would not go along with an acceptance of guilt?

2 Likes

Ed Snowden, Chelsea Manning, and Julian Assange; what do these three people have in common? They all spoke the truth in a time of universal, Amerikan, deceit!

6 Likes

It’s when you know your empire is in deep shit, and has almost fully imploded, when the truth tellers are locked away, and the true criminals walk free.

7 Likes

I don’t believe Trump has the mental capacity to do something good, with no benefit for himself, it’s just not in him.
Prove me wrong Donnie Poop-n-Pants.

3 Likes

It would be cool to see Trump outdo the democrats with an Assange/Snowden pardon. Biden called him a ‘high tech terrorist.’ But am having a hard time figuring out what (self) interest would Trump have in doing it.

4 Likes

Contrary to the strange, counter-factual beliefs of his ardent disciples, rumpdump is a dedicated servant of the deep state and the billionaire globalist sleaze bags who control the deep state. That anyone could think for even a minute that this demented egoist – who owes his entire political career to the deep state – would turn against them now is mind-boggling.

An astonishing level of delusion and denial has cropped up among “liberals” and “progressives” since the appointment of Biden, just as an astonishing level of delusion and denial cropped up when rumpdump was appointed four years ago. My goodness, what is so difficult to admit about the simple fact that the US government is NOT AT ALL a representative democracy, about the simple fact that Washington DC IS NOW PURELY A KLEPTOCRACY DESIGNED TO STEAL THE PEOPLE’S WEALTH?

5 Likes

Unfortunately Trump only pardons real criminals not the political kind.

2 Likes

True, it;s all right there for anyone without red/blue glasses to see.

3 Likes

I would be very surprised if Trump even knew who Assange and Snowden are, let alone understand what they did.

Maybe they will get pardons from status quo Joe. And maybe moneys will fly from my ass singing show tunes.

1 Like

According to Washington Post (a source which I often disagree with but I assume they are right here), you do not have to admit any guilt to accept a pardon. See point 4:

~https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/five-myths/five-myths-about-presidential-pardons/2018/06/06/18447f84-69ba-11e8-bf8c-f9ed2e672adf_story.html

Snowden is amazing. It’s such a shame we (overall) don’t view him as a resource.

I’d love to see both pardons, but I certainly don’t expect to see either.

2 Likes

The request was brilliantly worded. Appealing to his vanity has some chance of working. Probably won’t, but if anything will work, this could.

9 Likes