Right wing think tanks work on the basis of established prejudices.
Liberals are known as "bleeding hearts," and few things make a heart bleed more than the castigation of guilt.
Everyone in the modern world uses some form of transportation.
Yunzer-PDJ-Sabocat (and any other names this "engineer" uses to sit here repeating daily talking points that all support the existing status quo) always belittles those who don't live inside cities. He pushes the idea that those who live in suburbia are selfish and use more fossil fuels than they should. Missing from his "analysis" is how much energy it takes for giant trucks to move cross-country supplying urban dwellers with all the food, toys, clothing, and electronics they "need" or have been taught--through a Bernays'-inspired media--to "want."
Your entire post is saturated in the use of ONE generic WE pronoun.
This one-size-fits-all, "We're all guilty sinners" frame works to do 2 things:
- Reinforce one of the oldest theological memes that flesh--since the onset of patriarchy--has been heir to: Original sin (= guilt! in ample measure)
- Dilutes the proportional use of substances so that:
a. Rich persons become inseparable from frugal types who use little
b. Rich nations become indistinguishable from poor ones where people get by (by miracle!) by frugal use of resources... pennies a day's worth!
This meme also deceptively asserts that individuals are the sole custodians of the systems in which they find themselves.
With vast stores of wealth in the hands of very few families--today's royalty--pushing the generic WE meme could not BE more disingenuous. As is made clear by Greece's financial position, it's obvious that everyday people do not write the rules of trade, engagement, law, order, or anything else!
In my view, this type of messaging comes out of a Koch Brother's style think tank. It's well understood that both private industries and defense contractors are paying kids to post messages across the Internet. These messages are going to favor industry's goals--profit, and the status quo--State Power.
By pushing the idea that each individual is individually responsible for the ecological horrors that are the PRODUCT of centuries of indoctrination, almost 200 years of industrialization, and a tight paternalistic grip of governments who set policies that are deferential to Old Capitalistic entities (a/k/a corporate elite)... a narrative emerges (and is repeated often) that makes no allowances for The Truth.
Derivatives of this narrative include:
- Blaming the prior generation for being lousy stewards
- Angry white guys reacting to THEIR guilt... as held up to them through Police violence and The Black Lives Matter movement
- Insisting that "the Middle Class hates the poor" as if the Middle Class is behind the setting of policies that is GUTTING the income, home equity, and well-being of ALL workers: poor, lower, and middle class!