Home | About | Donate

'You Cannot Ignore Science': In Emotional Plea, Greta Thunberg Begs EU to Take Urgent Climate Action

'You Cannot Ignore Science': In Emotional Plea, Greta Thunberg Begs EU to Take Urgent Climate Action

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

"My name is Greta Thunberg, I am 16 years old, I come from Sweden, and I want you to panic. I want you to act as if the house was on fire."

That's how the young climate activist began her address to members of the European Parliament (MEPs) on Tuesday.

3 Likes

Thank you Greta. I am not a 16 year old schoolgirl, but I do hear you and echo your words every chance I get. I do not know how much of the house must burn before these politicians the world over wake up and realize that “the market” will NOT take care of this! WE must all roll up our sleeves and work, harder to change and change WE must and vision is sorely needed. Alas, that vision does not solely rely on a “free market”!

4 Likes

Yes Greta our planet is on fire, but no panic from the fossil fuel industries…yet! To bad the MSM does not give the same time to our whole planet being on fire as they do the Notre Dame cathedral fire in France.

5 Likes

There is talk of car pollution, not about planes, boats and trains. O, I forgot, we’re asleep at the wheel. We need to wake up and reinvent the wheel.

Thank you Greta and thank you to all the young people marching to demand action on climate change.

4 Likes

Once again it’s all about money. Those that have the power to allocate funds to address our fate aren’t going allow dollars to be spent on this while they are scrubbing the dollars from our pockets for other things. Many of which are secret expenditures.

3 Likes

SSSHHHHHHH…secret…dark money, what is not being said is it’s about killing/death.

2 Likes

It’s going to take an accord about 10 times more stringent and urgent than Paris to take on salvaging even a little bit of the natural world and a climate that doesn’t make life a hellscape for humans.

I’m happy I’m old. Even happier the missus and I had no kids. Meanwhile, Greta is my hero.

3 Likes

Unless, like the fossil fuel industries science is telling you what you do not want to hear.

The last sane voice on the planet-- Greta, a 16 year old girl from Sweden. Thank you for speaking TRUTH, as it’s so rarely spoken anywhere on the planet.
When the ,"house starts to burn, " I’m afraid that those who think money will save them --are sadly so, so wrong. When the children die and the populace starves—then no amount of money on Earth will save those with ears— and the power to save----but who did not listen.

I think it would be wise for people to dig a little deeper and investigate the people and groups who are using Greta to promote their agenda. This series/expose’ by Cory Morningstar does just that.

http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/01/17/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-consent-the-political-economy-of-the-non-profit-industrial-complex/

1 Like

“Our house is falling apart, and our leaders need to start acting accordingly.”

OR — as difficult as it may be … — we must REPLACE those them with REAL people-supported Leaders!

It will be a kind of war of Big Money & Influence doing everything they know to maintain their Power … but being unable to combat the massive uprising, fighting for Life On Earth against pure Greed.

America has had “free energy” machines since we were able to build anti-gravity propulsion systems, ionic compressors, levitation of matter etcetera. It is all hidden from us. In 2000 a patent was issued for a Motionless Electromagnetic Generator. It uses less energy than it creates by a COP of five times. You can google it and see it is just part of a gazillion secret black projects funded by black funds in our black world we know very little about if anything. In 1956, an Air Force general said we were very close to understanding anti-gravity. So it is not and never has been could we provide free energy since at least the Sixties, our secret military has been reverse engineering alien technology since 1947. You should not believe a word I say but you can read Hunt For Zero Point by Nick Cross about harnessing the energy of dark matter which exists in a vacuum frozen to zero degrees. There is still energy, the incessant hiss of deep space, what you hear on radios, static. Ionic compressors simply inhale air and then swirl it and compress it in tubular swirls which reduce in radius creating a more forceful thrust, pushing the machine forward and creating more energy than it consumes. Free energy and it is real. Hunt for Zero Point is at least 15 years old. Unfortunately for us and humanity oil and gas keep us tethered to our death spiral. Time to make our government our government. Good luck. Google Motionless Electromagnetic Generator (MEG). Good luck Earth.

Photovoltaic Friday. Every school, every business, every Friday at the water cooler, every Friday Tweet, every family around the Friday table, do something, say something about community solar, dream about owning a Tesla to drive. What is a heat pump? What is geothermal? Watch “Chasing Ice, The Extreme Ice Project”. Do edible landscaping. Listen to a fifteen year old.

2 Likes

There are only two things wrong with Greta Thunberg. 1) She is 16 and 2) she is Swedish. So I can’t vote for her for President next year.

3 Likes

Ha, ha another perpetual motion moron.

1 Like

Nothing from the msm/NPR on climate; nothing on Assange or Manning, or Snowden for that matter. The 4th estate has forsaken us and can never be forgiven for their betrayal of us.

1 Like

Climate Change Statement:
I would like to see a platform, win or lose, that includes closing at least half of all overseas military bases and out posts along with a credible reduction of the MIC budget; that money spent on repairing our long neglected infrastructure and, secondly, using any remaining funds on a public healthcare for all plan. Next, a significant tax on all incomes of over (you set the amount) of in the neighborhood of 70+%, money to be used for social programs. And, most importantly, the Nationalization of all fossil fuel and uranium resources, profits from the sale of which would go directly towards renewable energy R & D; and, an additional tax on the profits from all energy producing industries which would go towards subsidizing the installation of renewable engery distribution and installation on homes and businesses. The resources I mention belong to the people of our country and should be used to try and overcome the fast approaching climate disaster which will affect the entire world instead of further enriching already rich people; rich beyond the imaginations of most. A part of “our” platform must also include a wholehearted message that we will do our very best to include all climate scientists in a coordinated effort and scientific program to work on yet to be discovered ways to produce non-polluting energy. Climate is the world’s number one problem and endless wars are stealing our ability to come together as one people in order to save ourselves and all other life on Earth!

1 Like

I wish members of the European Parliament would prove sensible and respond to Greta’s appeal duly and promptly.

I am not a moron S. Brown. I can read. You should try it.