Home | About | Donate

You Don’t Matter to Drugmakers

You Don’t Matter to Drugmakers

Jim Hightower

If you wonder why Congress critters keep ignoring what the people want them to do — while doing things that people don’t want them doing — take a peek at the unique PR campaign now being run by the pharmaceutical industry.

The public is dismayed and disgusted by the flagrant greed of drugmakers that are shamefully zooming the prices of medicines into the stratosphere, turning necessities into unaffordable luxuries. As a result, there’s a growing demand for Congress to take action to stop the industry’s out-of-control price gouging.

Excellent and informative as usual Jim! Your voice is so necessary in today's bought-and-paid-for Congress/politics, especially on a subject and industry so many are being taken advantage of.
Another such is the chemical conglomerate and the untested compounds and poison pesticides (and the other "cides") allowed by corrupted government "regulatory" agencies to enter our environment, food supply, water and air, and homes with deadly consequences, known and unknown. Chemicals, and the entire industry, should be required to prove a compound safe, not that it be proven unsafe to remove its threat from the market! The link between pesticides and the Zika virus is one such of immediate concern.
Here is a further discussion on Zika and pesticides.

The pharma moguls (and moguls in other industries) view each of us as just another wallet to increase and sustain their revenue. Robber baron Vanderbilt told the world during the gilded age: "I charge whatever the traffic will bear", That is the play book drug makers follow.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Here is an interesting "fireside chat" with Hugin from 2013. Zip to min 5:15 and listen for about 3 minutes to what he says about 'sequential therapy' for a form of cancer and 'make it a chronic disease as long as possible'. Listen very closely - I'd be interested in whether what I think I'm hearing is what he is actually saying.

Checked it twice...yes he did. That's exactly what he said. Further on he says his concern is with the health of health care...not people (my words).

My favorite was a study by the FDA that concluded the toxicity of any particular pesticide, when used at label rates, poses no harm to the public. Elvis Presley was found dead on the bathroom floor with ten different drugs in his system, none of which were in concentrations high enough to cause death...individually. I hold a pesticide applicators license and I think they are full of shit. And Elvis is still dead.

O.K. Now, what are we going to do about it?

It must be nice to matter, and not to just be treated like a domesticated ruminant in an office cubicle.

Meanwhile , even as agencies meant to regulate the drug industry actually help promote their product , these same agencies in the EU and here in North America , work to have a number of foods classified as drugs for what they call " the safety of the public".

Herbal medicines face ever more government scrutiny and any that believe that the same agencies that will increase the limits of glysophates in foods at the behest of industry, do so out of concern for the peoples health , is either an idiot or a liar.