Home | About | Donate

"You'll Soon Fight Out": Trump Threatens Attack on Iran After US Drone Shot Down

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/20/youll-soon-fight-out-trump-threatens-attack-iran-after-us-drone-shot-down

Baron Trump is 13. Does he have bone spurs too?

5 Likes

One things for sure. Trump has Pelosi’s full support. And all the centrist dems for that matter.

8 Likes

" You’ll will soon find out". No, anyone with half a brain already knows!

4 Likes

The S&P is brushing record-high territory today, despite everything else. Wall Street just loves warfare.

6 Likes

They won’t love it when oil hits $100

4 Likes

Just wondering what the US would do if their airspace was invaded by a foreign power…

17 Likes

Another US/Trump created crisis by pulling out of the Iran agreement in the first place.

21 Likes

Even if Iran is wrong and the drone was not in their airspace or even if Iran used GPS spoofing to get the drone to fly in their airspace (it seems that this did happen with the incident with the sailors held briefly), this doesn’t change the fact that it was a drone - a lifeless piece of machinery. If we respond with an act that causes civilian or military casualties that is obviously 100% unacceptable to anybody with an ounce of moral fiber.

I was hoping we could make it through this presidency without a major mess that would allow us to say Trump is worse than Bush (up to now, the answer is no given just how bad the Iraq war was). I hate watchng this hope disintigrate.

11 Likes

Hey, at least nobody’s talking about the Mueller report…

7 Likes

"Your mother and father made an even bigger mistake Trump."

3 Likes

“There is no appetite for going to war in our country,” said Pelosi.

Then why did House democrats pass a $733bn DoD budget yesterday?

21 Likes

Liars like Trump and Pelosi sure do have yuge appetites for destruction. Just ask Axl Rose.

3 Likes

you just had to go and break that streak, didn’t you…:wink:

3 Likes

It’s Gulf of Tonkin redux. If someone fires a shot across your bow, what is the sane, appropriate, and proportional response - a shoulder shrug or a ten-year war?

Yeah, I know - sane and the Trump Administration are mutually exclusive…

6 Likes

Good point. And may I ask: Does anyone else believe that even if Iran has a nuke they would be so foolish to attack the U.S ? But of course it is not about attacking the U.S. but Iran’s nukes would be a powerful deterrent to Israel’s nukes!

9 Likes

Here we go again.

"Complicity."

That’s why.

2 Likes

TV celebrity president asks the world to “please stay tuned” to learn if he starts a hot war. It’s all about his ratings.

"Now a word from our sponsors" - Boeing and Lockheed Martin.

14 Likes

Trump is standing next to a guy who arguably has just done more to cause death than Trump’s war with Iran - Trudeau just approved of the Tar Sands pipeline in Canada a day after Canada declared a climate emergency.

6 Likes