Home | About | Donate

Your Money at War Everywhere

Your Money at War Everywhere

William Hartung

President Obama and Senator John McCain, who have clashed on almost every conceivable issue, do agree on one thing: the Pentagon needs more money. Obama wants to raise the Pentagon’s budget for fiscal year 2016 by $35 billion more than the caps that exist under current law allow. McCain wants to see Obama his $35 billion and raise him $17 billion more.

Cogent article. In terms of Amerikan foreign policy, your $ are everywhere because Americans live in a military dictatorship that is the puppet and the enforcer for Amerikan hegemony, oligarchy and plutocracy of the vested interests of the .01% around the world. The President and Congress will never do anything about the Frankenstein monster called the defense budget. That is an Orwellian misnomer, it should be called what it is: THE DRACONIAN, OFFENSIVE WAR BUDGET!

Not long after it was available online I downloaded the 2000 PNAC document "Strategies for Rebuilding America's Defenses" which was dressed up to look like an official quadrennial review. I don't know if previous official reviews read like the PNAC document, but the PNAC doc completely expressed what this writer lays out. I've read that document several times since then, and overall US policy since has not deviated with what is contained there. Not only an exhaustive procurement wish list but a foundational document that assumes US interests, values, and way of life is best for all of humanity; that world needs a policeman; the US must be that policeman; that policeman can make its own rules by facts on the ground (or in the air, on the sea, in space, or in cyberspace through effective domination and superiority of forces and technologies.) That document states with absolute conviction that US must maintain sufficient forces to conduct several major theater wars simultaneously.

PNAC was and still is the blueprint for fascist empire. Everyone involved should be arrested and tried for treason.

And now we know why congress wants to take money from the poor, more war.

Spending for war and "defense" was what destroyed the USSR economically. The people were deprived and the war machine thrived, until it couldn't anymore. Let's cut military spending before our country becomes a failed state.

The American military strategy is to provide as much excuse as possible to provide as much in big fat juicy contracts to our military industrial complex as possible. I do not begrudge the money going to military industrial complex firms so much as wish more of the money would go to things that are constructive like humanitarian aid and development of products that will also be useful in the civilian economy like renewable energy and renewable replacements of petroleum products that our too big to fail oil firms can mass-produce for their profit.

Eichmann and the Nazis love people who think like you. After all, what is there to begrudge with weapons' firms "just making" weapons... when you look away from the INEVITABILITY that those weapons will kill, maim, and mutilate a lot of people, the vast majority peaceful civilians with just as much of a right to live as you and me.

You said:

" I do not begrudge the money going to military industrial complex firms so much as wish more of the money would go to things that are constructive like humanitarian aid and development of products that will also be useful in the civilian economy ..."

The real reason for spreading the U.S. martial footprint along with the U.S. military conducting exercises and trainings with lots of indigenous militias all over the planet is to make the corporations SAFE (in their plunder) from the people being plundered. It's about control, centralized power, and the ready brutality to keep the status quo (as in benefits to the 1% at grave expense to most everyone else, if on a graduated scale of horrors and privations) in place. The rest is theater, psy-ops, mind control, propaganda, and LOTS of fire power.