Home | About | Donate

Your Taxpayer Dollars Are Funding Corporate Propaganda

Your Taxpayer Dollars Are Funding Corporate Propaganda

Anna Meyer

Congress wants to spend millions peddling corporate talking points on GMOs.

We the People need to get us some lawyers and lobbyists to say, “You can’t use our taxes for your lies.”

The Government is really trying to push GMO foods down our throats (literally). This fact alone makes me extremely wary of them.

Seriously?! You call this news?
(CD is pushing some controlled-opposition propaganda here - at least using donations from believers, and not taxpayer dollars- but still!)

“The question is: whose science are they using?”

Answer: science that fits their corporate agenda.

Folks: even if science had proven unequivocally that GMO’s were bad for your health and could cause the deaths of millions of Americans, they would not report it because it does not fit their corporate agenda. Corporate food slowly rots your body. Corporate news slowly rots your brain.

As it should Nighthawk.

I can’t even hold my ex accountable when she is in clear violation of a court order.

You want to hold people as powerful as these accountable?

Please tell me how.

Super happy to see this included in the article:

"We’re at a turning point in history where we can reverse the harm that we’ve done to our communities, farmland, and environment.

"Industrialized, chemical-intensive agriculture designed to work around biotechnology is a failed system. It’s increasing herbicide use, exacerbating pesticide resistance, polluting our waterways, soil, and air, and promoting highly processed food and confined animal production.

“In order to build a more sustainable food system for our health and our climate, we need to move away from chemical-intensive agriculture.”

Yes yes yes, “the issue” with GMOs is not primarily human health, but massive ecological breakdown caused by this model of agriculture.

Also would be important to include that the whole construct of “owning” life through corporate patents is horrific, with extremely grave long-term consequences for humanity. These two issues - ecological breakdown from industrial agriculture, and the patenting and “ownership” of life - should be at the forefront of opposition to GMOs.

[quote=“webwalk, post:8, topic:47034”]
"we’re at a turning point in history where we can reverse the harm that we’ve done to our communities, farmland, and environment.

"Industrialized, chemical-intensive agriculture designed to work around biotechnology is a failed system. It’s increasing herbicide use, exacerbating pesticide resistance, polluting our waterways, soil, and air, and promoting highly processed food and confined animal production.

“In order to build a more sustainable food system for our health and our climate, we need to move away from chemical-intensive agriculture"

I want to see the independent scientific studies addressing the absolute safety of these engineered foods. Then have these corporate giant justify the toxins released into the environment for the production of these crops. I’m guessing the money to be made from these seeds and toxins to produce crops over-rides any real concerns or action the protect the environment. Perhaps the overpopulation of Earth justifies these crops but at what ultimate cost? The survival for another century? Then after a time the ecosystem will be so toxic as to exterminate all we hold dear in the cataclysmic end of this 6th extinction. Even if proven safe to consume the toxins used to grow them may be too big a price to pay for over populating Earth. It’s high time to scale back any industry that threatens our existence.

Sorry I’m not sure what I did but I basically agree with webwalk. I haven’t quite learned how to use quotes in my replies, I’ll keep trying though because it’s that important.:grinning:

Affordability is a HUGE problem as they have banks of highly paid attorneys and lots of time to stonewall any attempts to fight them directly. I wish it was different.

I too wish it was different.

The parties of the Duopoly have total control, and will refuse to relinquish any of it.

As long as our fellow Americans keep voting for these two highly unethical, corrupted parties, we’re fucked.

Pardon my language.

A sea change in how these parties are perceived by the masses, is our only hope.

We must continue to put our heads together and organize strategies to achieve this.

And the very same budget removes the medical expense deduction for individuals and families. The taxpayer gets screwed coming and going.

I agree with your sentiments, but screw the lawyers. They helped corporations gain human rights. They reestablished torture as a tool of war. They think inside the legal box they construct. And screw the lobbyists for reinforcing the walls of the box. They are both representatives of a system designed to keep/make people poor and then screw them. This game cannot be won playing by their rules on their field.

American Revolutionaries rose up, demanded what they felt was rightfully theirs and ended up with a Constitution protecting property rights–not the democracy they shed blood for. We the People (including the First Nations, African Americans, Latinx, women and other oppressed groups) need to rise up, come to agreement on our demands, and this time out build real democracy together–from the ground up.

Considering that most legislation is written by corporate lobbyists and rarely read by the Congresscritters who vote for legislation. our “taxpayer dollars are funding corporate propaganda” every time Congress sends legislation to the POTUS desk.

Recall in 2010 when then House speaker Nancy Pelosi admonishing Congress to “vote for the ACA so we can see what is in it”.

The Green Revolution was built on the petro-chemical industry. You know, " oil and water don’t mix ". But, the carrier for the chemicals used, is often natural gas or oil-based. And, they do mix, the just don’t break down. Most products which come with warning labels are refining derived. Eggs, meet one basket.
Putting your head in the sand doesn’t help. The toxic chemicals are there, too. So are your vegetables.
You’re going to be labeled a reactionary or an alchemist if you think there are alternatives to hyper-industrial food production. My mechanical engineering friend said, " we’ve increased food production 10 times ". Well, not really. Putting marginal land into production ( a different type of draining the swamp ) and unsustainable irrigation practices have, though.
The Federal government funding GMOs and their viability is no more crazy propaganda than explaining the subsidies for E85. More Corporate subsidy bullshit, different decade. They make $Billions but need the government’s stamp of approval and cover.

There was an article in the NYT saying that food production has not increased because of GMO’s.

But do you really want to eat food that has some chemical in it to make round up work???When food production drops by 20% people will start to notice. We need to get back to small organic farms-SUPPORT THE COMMONS.