Home | About | Donate

You're Killing Us: On Love, Grief, Rage, Action and Dead Baby Jokes

You're Killing Us: On Love, Grief, Rage, Action and Dead Baby Jokes

To the GOP douchebag at the gun control hearing who argued we just need a wall and then tried to eject a Parkland victim's father for protesting: Meet Manuel Oliver. Since his son Joaquin was murdered, Oliver has fiercely fought - with art, advocacy, die-ins and now a brutal mock Louis-C.K. "stand-up" - to give Joaquin "a voice," proclaim "Never Again" on behalf of "a new generation of dead kids," and plead, "Remember our son" - though God knows he shouldn't have to.

1 Like

Courage and Conscience with the Insight of Those who have Suffered Loss.
Damn good Artist as well.

4 Likes

When I was in high school----students weren’t shot to death-----they died in car crashes.
But the students thoughts are the same----dying—that’s supposed to be something that happens when we’re old. I can’t even imagine what parents think. : (

I swear, Florida sometimes seems to be the epicenter of Republican craziness and callousness. This asshole should be reminded that Congress is supposed to serve
the people and promote the general welfare of the people. If they want to eject someone, they should start by ejecting the Lobbyists (bagmen) who infest our government buildings.

1 Like

No. Not just Florida. I have a co-worker here in Pittsburgh whose young son was stricken in this outbreak of polio-like acute flaccid myleitis. One of her relatives in right-wing Westmoreland County (Pittsburgh is a little island of sanity surrounded by counties full of right wing insanity for hundreds of miles in all directions) told her that the disease was brought up here by “illegals” becasue we don’t have “a wall”.

I’m not making this up.

1 Like

I believe you Yunzer. Ignorance is endemic in America. Maybe that was/is the goal.