Home | About | Donate

Youth, Gun Control and the Pentagon

Youth, Gun Control and the Pentagon

H. Patricia Hynes

To my astonishment, I began receiving daily news updates from the Pentagon, innocuously named the Early Bird Brief, about a month ago. One particularly perverse news brief warrants mention: the number of out-of shape and unfit youth is an imminent national security crisis—not because they matter for themselves—but because, as one writer put it, they are “too fat to fight.”

‘One particularly perverse news brief warrants mention: the number of out-of shape and unfit youth is an imminent national security crisis—not because they matter for themselves—but because, as one writer put it, they are “too fat to fight.”’

I’m picturing a fat person playing with a joystick coated with Cheetos slime as they pick and choose targets half a world away on the latest game Doomsday Drone Death 5.0. Of course they are in uniform, but too fat to fight? I don’t think so. Idiocracy is metastasizing now in the USA, like it or not. Without a ReEnlightenment, the world will suffer the fools who oversee the folly of war. The pathetic MIC cringes at the thought of peace and the application of advances in science and technology toward such purpose. It is time to write death out of the profit-making paradigm. If we listen to Pacha Mama we will realize that self-healing can happen. If we listen to Dr. Strangelove, not so much.

Instead of sending our youth to fight in the wars our leaders start, have the leaders duke it out with the leaders of the other country, save a trillion dollars/yr in Pentagon spending, nobody gets hurt except the leaders who would then have an incentive to make peace.

Direct Democracy