Home | About | Donate

"Zoink": Facebook Facing Criminal Charges Over Data Sharing Deals

"Zoink": Facebook Facing Criminal Charges Over Data Sharing Deals

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

The social media giant Facebook is under criminal investigation for data sharing deals it struck with over 150 third party companies, in news sure to increase scrutiny of the company and big tech in general.

Gosh, Zuckerberg in prison stripes, or orange jumpsuit? I just can’t decide which I prefer but either way, couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. kwim?

Remember a simpler time when all businesses were not out to steal from you?

It’s all about the Benjamins, to them.

The picture of JP Morgan (oops, I mean Zuckerberg) with the motto “People First” reminds me of “Safety is our first priority” - PG&E’s motto, now adopted by Boeing.

When I started working in technology a couple of decades ago, some of the people producing software sincerely thought we were improving people’s lives: empowerment, communication, humane user-interface guidelines, earning confidence.

What happened? The shambles seem too generalized to call it a conspiracy, it seems more like entropy. Inject automation into a culture squirming under the heel of predators, and entropy just naturally, automatically delivers tools of oppression.

Financially, high-tech is just a big pimple ripe for popping, by now. Nobody wants to die in a car, plane, or country driven by AI anymore.

Corporations have been a criminal enterprise from the start during those early colonial days, so no, can’t say i remember a simpler time.

I was born in 1951 and grew up in the country.

That, was a simpler time.

No matter what happens, he is still a white billionaire living in America.
That means “jail” for him would include a tennis court and a gourmet chef.